Executive Professionals Programme (EPP) 2023
Published: Wednesday May 17th, 2023
The Central Bank of The Bahamas’ Executive Professionals Programme (EPP) is a three-year development programme to attract highly educated and motivated applicants with strong career prospects and interests in central banking, financial sector regulation and public policy. Each year, the programme will select a small number of university graduates, Executive Professionals (EPs) with moderate or no work experience, who have the potential to be integrated into mid-management level technical positions within the Bank. These persons will be placed in career paths to become economists, statisticians, regulatory policy analysts, bank examiners/analysts, financial analysts and IT specialists. Up to three (3) EPs may be selected each year.
EPs are expected to contribute meaningfully to work streams within the Bank’s strategic plan, covering economic research/statistics, financial supervision/regulation, policy development, investment/financial analysis, and information technology. Their professional development plans will involve participation in local and international training, workshops and seminars, and rotational work assignments across key departments of the Central Bank.
Candidates chosen for the EPP will follow a comprehensive training plan and develop competencies needed to contribute in a meaningful way to the Central Bank’s core operations. In addition, each candidate will be assigned a mentor, who will, provide support throughout the programme.
The EPs will be required to work as a team on a number of key projects for the Bank during their one-year rotations in various departments, in order to obtain valuable “hands-on” experience. In addition, each EP may be required to work individually on specific projects, based on the needs of the relevant Department, which may require them to supervise the work of other staff members. Specialized training sessions and presentations will be conducted to assist EPs in, inter alia, formulating career strategies. During the programme, EPs should attain at least two successive above standard ratings in the Bank’s annual performance assessment. At the successful conclusion of the three-year period and, based on qualifications and experience, EPs can apply for vacant posts across the institution.
To be considered for the EPP, candidates are expected to have qualifications and experience up to the Master’s degree level, in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Information Technology/Security
Regardless of degree specialization, candidates must have pursued courses that exposed them to rigorous quantitative and statistical methods at the graduate level, and at least undergraduate exposure to economic principles.
In order to be considered for the EPP, potential candidates must meet the minimum requirements outlined as follows:
- Be a citizen of The Bahamas or resident with the right to work in The Bahamas;
- Be 30 years of age or younger by 30 June 2023;
- Have completed a minimum of a Master’s degree in one of the specified disciplines within the last three years; or have an anticipated completion date that is no later than 31 July 2023;
- Have a high calibre academic record (Minimum Grade Point Average equivalent of at least 3.5 out of 4.00);
- Have excellent analytical and quantitative skills;
- Submit a research paper (can be from Master’s or PhD thesis project);
- Be prepared to complete a writing and analytical skills assessment;
- Be able to join the Bank on a full-time basis, from 1 September 2023;
- Have no more than two years relevant experience since the completion of graduate studies;
- Be willing to work in a team and also supervise other staff, in order to achieve positive results.
Compensation and Benefits
EPs, based on their education and relevant work experience, will receive salaries competitive with the market for mid-level professionals at the Bank, and from onset of on-boarding will be enrolled in the Bank’s medical insurance plan. EPs will, upon successful completion of their initial six-month probationary period, become permanent staff of the Bank and be eligible for a full range of benefits, including enrolment in the Bank’s defined contribution pension plan.
For more information, please visit the Bank’s website at: www.centralbankbahamas.com/careers.php
Eligible applicants should apply by 15 July 2023.