Central Bank Apprentice Programme Summary
Published: Wednesday April 8th, 2020
CENTRAL BANK OF THE BAHAMAS APPRENTICE PROGRAMME 2020
The Central Bank Apprentice Programme (CBAP) is a two-year training and developmental programme for highly educated and motivated Bahamian applicants. These applicants would have recently completed a Bachelor's degree in one of the qualifying disciplines, performing well above average in their academic studies.
- Information Technology/Security
- Public Policy
Annually, the CBAP will select a small number of university graduates, Apprentice Professionals (APs), according to the average number of unfilled vacancies for entry-level recruits. APs will be required to work as a team on a number of key projects, in six-month rotations, though four selected departments. They will also be given technical assignments based on strategic work streams of the Departments to which they are rotated. These include the following:
- Financial supervision and regulation
- Research and statistics
- Exchange control administration
- Banking, payments and investment operations
- Information technology and information security
After successfully completing the first six months on probation, APs will become permanent staff of the Bank and eligible for a full range of staff benefits. At the conclusion of the two-year apprenticeship period, and based on their qualifications, experience and the availability of suitable positions within the Bank, APs can apply for any vacant post or promotion that becomes available. Thereafter, they may also compete for in-service scholarships for full-time graduate studies, according to recruitment priorities for technical specialists.
To be considered for the CBAP, potential candidates must meet the minimum requirements as outlined:
- Be a citizen of The Bahamas.
- Be no older than 23 years of age by 30 June 2020.
- Hold at least a Bachelor's degree in one of the specified disciplines with a high calibre academic record (Minimum Grade Point Average equivalent of at least 3.5 out of 4.00); with a completion or anticipated completion date that is no later than 31 July 2020.
- Have excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Be able to join the Bank on a full-time basis from 1 September 2020.
- Have no more than one (1) year's work experience since completion of undergraduate studies.
Please visit the Bank's website at:
Eligible applicants should apply by 31 May 2020.