Executive Professionals Programme Summary
Published: Wednesday April 8th, 2020
The Central Bank Executive Professionals Programme (EPP) is a three-year development programme to attract highly educated and motivated applicants with strong career prospects and interests in central banking, financial sector regulation and public policy. Each year, the programme will select a small number of university graduates, Executive Professionals (EPs) with moderate or no work experience, who have the potential to be integrated into mid-management level technical positions within the Bank. These persons will be placed in career paths to become economists, statisticians, regulatory policy analysts, bank examiners/analysts, financial analysts and IT specialists.
They would be expected to contribute meaningfully to work-streams within the Bank's Strategic Plan, covering economic research/statistics, financial supervision/regulation, policy development, investment/ financial analysis and information technology. Their professional development plan will involve participation in local and international training, workshops and seminars, and rotational work assignments across key departments of the Central Bank.
At the conclusion of a three-year period, successful EPs will be eligible for a permanent placement within the key operations or policy units of the Bank. Up to three (3) EPs will be selected each year.
Candidates chosen for the EPP will follow a comprehensive training plan and develop competencies needed to contribute in a meaningful way to the Central Bank's core operations. In addition, each candidate will have a direct supervisor and a mentor, who, ideally, will have a similar academic and professional background as the EP[ For the inaugural programme, EPs will be mentored by staff who are at the supervisory/management level in the Bank and have been in their position for at least three years. Past graduates of the EP.
The EPs will be required to work as a team on a number of key projects for the Bank during their one-year rotation in various departments, in order to obtain valuable "hands-on" experience. In addition, each EP will also be required to work individually on a specific project; based on the needs of the relevant Department, which may require them to supervise the work of other staff members within the Bank. Specialized training sessions and presentations will be conducted to assist EPs in, inter alia, formulating career strategies.
To be considered for the EPP, candidates are expected to have qualifications and experience up to the Master's degree level, in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Information Technology
Regardless of degree specialization, candidates must have pursued courses that exposed them to rigorous quantitative and statistical methods at the graduate level, and at least undergraduate exposure to economic principles.
- In order to be considered for the EP programme, potential candidates must meet the minimum requirements outlined as follows:
- Be a citizen of The Bahamas or resident with the right to work in The Bahamas.
- Be 30 years of age or younger by 30 June 2020.
- Have completed a minimum of a Master's degree in one of the specified disciplines within the last three years; or have an anticipated completion date that is no later than 31 July 2020.
- Have excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Submit a research paper (can be from Master's or PhD thesis project).
- Complete an hour test to assess writing and analytical skills.
- Be able to join the Bank on a full-time basis, from 1 September 2020.
- Have no more than two (2) years relevant experience since the completion of graduate studies.
- Be willing to work in a team and also supervise other staff, in order to achieve positive results.
Compensation and Benefits
EPs will receive a salary that is competitive with the market for a mid-level professional at the Bank, based on their education and relevant work experience. EPs will also, once they complete their initial six-month probationary period, be eligible to enrol in the Bank's comprehensive health care plan, along with other benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan.
For more information, please visit the Bank's website at:
Eligible applicants should apply by 31 May 2020.