Investment Abroad by Residents
Published: Wednesday November 11th, 2020
EXCHANGE CONTROL DEPARTMENT
Investments Abroad by Residents
- A copy of the relevant pages of the passport for each investor; and
- A copy of the each investor’s Certificate of Naturalization/Permanent Residence (with no restrictions on employment) issued by the Bahamas Immigration Department, if applicable.
- A copy of the entity’s incorporating document (i.e., Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership Agreement, Declaration/Certificate of Trust, etc.);
- A copy of the relevant pages of the passport for each beneficial owner;
- A copy of each beneficial owner’s Certificate of Naturalization/Permanent Residence (with no restrictions on employment), if applicable;
- Documentary evidence to confirm the entity’s beneficial ownership (i.e., Share Register, Annual Return, Affidavit of Ownership, etc.);
- A copy of the entity’s Business/Regulator License, if applicable; and
- A copy of the entity’s Certificate of Good Standing, if applicable.
Investment in Property/Timeshare
- A copy of the contract to purchase real estate or timeshare (e.g., Sales Agreement)
Investments in Employee Stock Option Grants, Employee Share Purchase/Stock Option Plans
- A copy of each employee’s Smart Card issued by the National Insurance Board of The Bahamas;
- Documentation to confirm the number of shares to be acquired by each employee and the consideration paid, if applicable; and/or
- Documentation to confirm the basis on which the shares are attributed to each employee (e.g., Memo/Listing, etc.), where the plan is non-contributory.
- A copy of the agreement with the service provider through which securities will be traded, if applicable; and
- A copy of the company’s prospectus.