Central Bank Apprentice Programme Summary 2022
Published: Thursday March 24th, 2022
CENTRAL BANK APPRENTICE PROGRAMME (CBAP) 2022
Central Bank Apprentice Programme (CBAP) is a two-year training and developmental programme for highly educated and motivated Bahamian applicants. These applicants would have recently completed a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following qualifying disciplines, performing well above average in their academic studies.
- Information Technology/Security
- Public Policy
Annually, the CBAP will select a small number of university graduates as Apprentice Interns (AIs), according to the average number of unfilled vacancies for entry-level recruits. AIs will be required to work as a team on a number of key projects, in six-month rotations through four selected departments. They will also be given technical assignments based on strategic work streams of the Departments to which they are rotated. These areas include the following:
- Financial supervision and regulation
- Research and statistics/analysis
- Exchange control administration
- Banking, payments and investment operations
- Information technology and information security/data analytics
At the onset of on-boarding, AIs will be enrolled in the Bank’s medical insurance plan. After successfully completing the first six months on probation, AIs will become permanent staff of the Bank and eligible for a full range of staff benefits, including enrolment in the Bank’s defined contribution pension plan. During the programme, AIs should attain at least an above standard rating in the Bank’s annual performance assessment. At the conclusion of the two-year apprenticeship period and based on their qualifications, experience and the availability of suitable positions within the Bank, AIs can apply for any vacant post that becomes available. Thereafter, they may also compete for in-service scholarships for full-time graduate studies, according to recruitment priorities for technical specialists.
To be considered for the CBAP, potential candidates must meet the minimum requirements as outlined:
- Be a citizen of The Bahamas;
- Be no older than 23 years of age by 30 June, 2022;
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in one of the specified disciplines, or have an anticipated completion date that is no later than 31 July 2022;
- Have a high calibre academic record (Minimum Grade Point Average equivalent of at least 3.5 out of 4.00);
- Have excellent analytical and quantitative skills;
- Be able to join the Bank on a full-time basis from 1 September, 2022.
- Have no more than one (1) year’s work experience since completion of undergraduate studies.
Please visit the Bank’s website at:
Eligible applicants should apply by 15 July, 2022.