Announcement: Expression of Interest (EOI) Facility Concrete Roof Replacement Project
Published: Monday February 27th, 2017
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Project Name: Facility Concrete Roof Replacement Project
Project Location: Frederick & Market Streets, New Providence, Bahamas
Deadline: By 5:00 pm on 10 March, 2017
The Central Bank of The Bahamas (“the Bank”) invites Expression of Interest from suitably qualified, competent, experienced and financially sound local general contractors, joint ventures or consortia for the provision of Roof Replacement Services.
Companies must demonstrate expertise, competency and previous experience in delivering services of a similar scope and type, and local availability of personnel and resources. They should employ their best efforts to perform this work diligently and in an expeditious, economical and financially prudent manner, consistent with the best interests of the Bank.
Project shall be carried out in sequential phases:
- Phase One – Roof Replacement at Second Wing
- Phase Two – Concrete Repairs at First Wing
- Phase Three – Roof Replacement at First Wing
- Coordinate Roof Replacement Work with Concrete Repair Work
Works regarding the project will generally consist of the following:
- Removing existing roof assembly, exposing the concrete roof deck;
- Recycling all removed materials, where possible, including membrane, metal flashings, polystyrene insulation and any rook related elements;
- Properly preparing existing deck for installation of new roofing;
- Installing new roof assembly including vapor barrier, rigid flat and tapered insulation, cover board and fully adhered KEE Thermoplastic membrane with related flashing and walk pads;
Firms must provide and demonstrate the following in its EOI submission:
- Company profile/history
- Display relevant skills and experience as well as industry knowledge to effectively carry out the project. (Provide evidence of successful completion of comparable projects)
- Evidence of adequate human, organizational and professional resources and associated abilities to meet the project’s needs. (Provide curriculum vitae of key professionals indicating which individuals would be responsible for providing said services)
- Evidence of stable and sufficient financial resources to ensure continuity of the project. Companies should be directly responsible for the execution of the project (with their partners, if any) and not act as intermediaries.
- Evidence of adequate insurance coverage to carry out repairs on an occupied commercial building. General liability limits shall not be less than $2 million.
- Ability to meet goals i.e. budgeting, scheduling, etc. for similar complex projects completed within the last ten years.
- Legal status (i.e. limited liability, sole proprietorship, partnership etc.) and Tax Compliance status.
The EOI is an invitation to receive responses from prospective parties in keeping with the terms and conditions expressed herein. The Bank is not bound to accept any of the EOI responses received and reserves the right to cancel this EOI at any time or reject any or all EOIs without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Bank will consider all EOI responses received and formal tenders will be invited from companies that will be required to complete a Request for Proposal (RFP), at the later stage and has satisfied all the requirements of this EOI.
Failure of a party to provide information that is essential to the evaluation of this EOI may result in rejection. Discovery of incomplete, incorrect or false information will result in immediate rejection. Interested local companies wishing to be considered for inclusion in the process should submit their EOI in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Central Bank of The Bahamas Administration Department
Attention: Mr. Ian B. Scott Fernander, Manager
Email: [email protected]
Frederick & Market Streets
Nassau, The Bahamas
Tel: (242)-302-9801, Fax: (242)-356-4324
By 5:00 P.M. on 10 MARCH 2017
PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE AND TIME