Senior Examiner, Examination Unit
Department: Bank Supervision DepartmentCategory: Permanent Employment
• Lead in the planning and conduct of examinations of:
a. complex licensees to determine the safety and soundness and establish compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines; and
b. focused modular onsite examinations of complex licensees.
• Oversee investigations of bogus operations expected of violating the Banks & Trust Companies Regulations Act.
• Report findings of examinations as required in accordance with deadlines established and to lay out and prioritize recommendations for the remedy of problems found as per established format.
• Play a leading role in the training, mentoring and general development of Bank Supervision staff in areas relevant to the onsite examination of licensees and in particular in areas of expertise.
• Act as a senior adviser to the validation panel for risk assessments for all licensees particularly in areas of expertise.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in business or finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
• Professional certification in accountancy, banking, finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized professional body.
• Proven expertise and credibility in either the review of credit risk or risk management processes (or both).
• Expert knowledge of accounting and banking principles.
• Expert knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
• Seasoned knowledge of modern risk-based supervisory techniques and practices.
• Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications, including Excel and Access.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and project management skills.
• Excellent human relations skills.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience at a senior level.