Under the Central Bank of The Bahamas Act, 2000 (“the Act”), overall responsibility for the policy and general administration of the Bank is vested in the Board of Directors. The Act provides that the Board, which is appointed by the Governor General, shall consist of a Governor, and four other Directors having wide experience in and having shown some capacity in financial or commercial matters, industry, law or administration.
Current Board members include:
- Mrs. Wendy Craigg, Governor since June 2005
- Archdeacon James Palacious, Board Member since July 2012
- Mr. Felix Stubbs, Board Member since July 2012
- Mr. L. Edgar Moxey, Board Member since July 2012
- Mr. Maxwell Gibson, Board Member since July, 2012
Past Governors of the Bank include: Mr. Julian Francis (1997-2005), Mr. James H. Smith (1987-1997), Sir William C. Allen (1980-1987) and Mr. T. Baswell Donaldson (1974-1980).